Conflict with jomsocial ajax

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #330 by turha71
Conflict with jomsocial ajax was created by turha71
Hi,

My jomsocial isnot working with your module instaled. It seams that is also redirecting there ajax, and the ajax in jomsocial stops working.

This is what jomsocial says
That plugin is not compatible with Jomsocial system, I suggest you contact to JoomLadds.com developer and avoid all redirection to index.php from ajax request.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by joomladds. Reason: Removing username & password

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #331 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Conflict with jomsocial ajax
Our apologies, this is not something that we can resolve at the moment.
I have just spent over 2 hours researching a way to resolve this issue and was unable to detect an ajax redirect to be any different from a normal redirect.
We can't simply ignore ALL redirects to a URL that includes index.php because that is not an option. If we can find a way to detect an ajax redirect, I might be able to offer a solution.
So, although JomSocial offered a suggestion, we can not find any resolution at this time.

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

More
9 years 4 months ago #332 by turha71
Replied by turha71 on topic Conflict with jomsocial ajax
Thanks for you time!
From jomsocial they send me this solution to avoid ajax redirects. See if you can implement that.
if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_REQUESTED_WITH']) && !empty($_SERVER['HTTP_X_REQUESTED_WITH']) && strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_X_REQUESTED_WITH']) == 'xmlhttprequest')
{

exit;

}

More
9 years 4 months ago #334 by joomladds
I attempted to add the code that was supplied, however it did not make any difference.
I will spend a little more time later today, to see if I can test and recreate on our test server with a copy of JomSocial.
What version of JomSocial are you using?

FYI: I deleted your last post with your testing code so that we do NOT confuse or mislead others with incorrect code.

More
9 years 4 months ago #335 by turha71
Replied by turha71 on topic Conflict with jomsocial ajax
Thanks for your time... I'm using the last version of jomsocial 3.2.1.5

More
9 years 4 months ago #337 by joomladds
Since obtaining the latest version of JomSocial, and further testing on my test site, I am not able to recreate your issue. This would lead me to believe that there is something else on your site causing this issue.
I did however make a modification to our plugin that allows a new parameter to be set that would ignore a redirect on any entered URL (in the new parameter)
If you would allow me to test this new version, that would be great. I think you still have a developer Joomla site? This would require me to temporarily disable the new module that you created.

Please let me know if you agree to my continued testing on your site.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds