Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in

More
11 years 3 months ago #204 by maggotfeast
Good morning. I received the subject line error on install at Joomla.

My client wants a simple customer login that directs each user to a custom homepage designed specifically for each user.

Before we troubleshootm, is this extension what I need to accomplish this function? hope so :)

Maggot :pinch:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #205 by joomladds
To address your issue, what version of Joomla are you running? This module is currently compatible with 2.5

As for the other question, as stated, this plugin allows you to choose what page your members will see as a home page after they log in.
In clarifying, this refers to all members, not each individual member.

I would not even know where to begin with a simple plugin, being able to configure a different home page for every single member of a website.

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

More
11 years 3 months ago #206 by maggotfeast
Replied by maggotfeast on topic Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in
Good morning.

At the server level, yes I am on 1.5. In your readme file it mentioned being developed for a customer on 1.5 so I thought it would work.

As mentioned this plugin won't do what i need after all since i need each user to be directed to their own custom home page.

After a few days of troubleshooting I did find the answer. While I will stay with Joomla as a modular site editor, I will be using (don't get mad here, you can always delete this) Wordpress's login feature with Peter's Login Redirect plugin. This allows each user to be directed to their own url/homepage. I had to simply paste in a standard login form where I wanted it within the module and setup the users under settings login redirect (Peter's).

Thanks for the help!

More
11 years 3 months ago #209 by joomladds
As you can guess, we're not fans of Wordpress, but whatever gets you going!

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds