Usage Question

More
11 years 5 months ago #171 by mightec
Usage Question was created by mightec
Hi
Sorry for the title, didn't know what to call it.

I have just downloaded and installed the plugin, not sure if its the right product.

I am looking to arrange for my registered user, on login, to be redirected to a hidden menu. I have called in 'Hidden Menu' and have add a number of menu items, e.g. staff training, policies, working hours, etc. I want to be able to direct them to a webpage that will display a menu, but cannot seem to make this work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #172 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Usage Question
Just to clarify, this plugin will not handle a 'log in redirect', but rather it will redirect your logged in members to a specified page any time they click on any link on your website designated as your home page.

If this is what you are looking for, then YES, this will work for you. Simply choose the page that will be the landing page for your members (as a new home page for all logged in members)

If you are looking for a redirect after log in, then NO, this is not the right product for you, but you will find something on extensions.joomla.org

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

More
11 years 5 months ago #173 by mightec
Replied by mightec on topic Usage Question
Thank you for your very quick response, much appreciated.

Now this is interesting, can the new home page have a menu or is it just a webpage

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #174 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Usage Question
The new member home page would be a Joomla webpage, so by definition, yes, it can have a menu. You would configure your menu module to show only on the pages you desire. In this case, your new member home page.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by joomladds.

More
11 years 5 months ago #175 by mightec
Replied by mightec on topic Problems with the extension
Thank you.

I have created a menu module called Hidden Menu and a menu item called Staff Training and added an article Staff Training. In the plugin - Member Home I have selected to redirect to Staff Training. However, when i login as a registered user I do not get redirected to the selected Hidden Menu home page.

More
11 years 5 months ago #176 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Problems with the extension
We sent you an email requesting login credentials from your site. Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds