Plugin causes error in com-users contoller.php

More
9 years 2 months ago #354 by stevelis
Running J3.3.6 with the core JLogin Module
Installed Core Login Redirect all ok, set settings to Core and selected a redirect page from the drop down options
Went to login and received the following error message;
Warning: require_once(/home/camsjac/public_html/components/com_users/controller.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/camsjac/public_html/components/com_users/controllers/user.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/camsjac/public_html/components/com_users/controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/camsjac/public_html/components/com_users/controllers/user.php on line 12

Regards
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #356 by joomladds
Replied by joomladds on topic Plugin causes error in com-users contoller.php
We are currently tracking another similar issue like this. Although I can't see how our plugin would cause this, we are looking into this matter further.
Can you please confirm the results of any errors if you uninstall our plugin? Does the issue go away?

Our plugin does NOT 'hack' or rewrite any Joomla core files. the fact that the error is referring to a core joomla file that is missing would be the first thing to look at on your site.

We will see if we can replicate issue on our test site using JLogin (if possible)

I'd love to change the world... but they won't give me the source code!

More
9 years 2 months ago #357 by joomladds
Can you elaborate on 'JLOGIN' ? I can't seem to find a module with that name (other than something that was available under Joomla 1.5.x)
Perhaps I misunderstood that you are simply using the Joomla Login Module?

More
9 years 2 months ago #359 by stevelis
Replied by stevelis on topic Plugin causes error in com-users contoller.php
Thanks for the prompt response
My Jlogin was a reference to the standard Joomla Login Module that comes with Joomla 3.3. Sorry for any confusion
I disabled your plugin and still the same error message and not able to login
The only way I was able to successfully login again without the error message was to upload backup files prior to installing your plugin.
Currently login is working but your plugin is disabled.
Before trying to enable your plugin, I thought I would wait until you replied.
The main reason for installing your plugin was to be achieve the following redirect
When using the login page after successfully changing your password via the 'forgot password' link in the core login modular, you are redirected to the Joomla Profile page where there is a button to Edit your profile.
I need this Profile page to be redirected to one of the dropdown choices that is visible in your plugin's options.

Steve

More
9 years 1 month ago #363 by joomladds
I guess I'm still a little confused as to a fatal error related to com_users. How is this related to our extension? I hate to ask, but have you tried installing our plugin again after the restore?
Probably not the best idea. Do you have a dev site that you can test this on?

More
9 years 1 month ago #364 by stevelis
Replied by stevelis on topic Plugin causes error in com-users contoller.php
After the restore every thing is working fine on live site
Just finished building dev site and installed your plugin.
No fatal errors and now will have a play on the dev site
Thanks
Steve

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds