Our Signup Majix Pro - Revisited!
Version 2.0.1 Now Available!
Greetings from the JoomLadds Team!
We have been hard at work updating our Constant Contact Signup Majix Pro Module. Not only have we added many new features, but this version is the first to have OAuth2 Authentication built in. The older version of authentication that the Constant Contact API used was basic, which required account holders to enter their Constant Contact Username & Password into the module settings and those credentials were stored in the Joomla database in order access their account information. With OAuth2, you are now able to register your website with Constant Contact by granting access to your account, much the same way that Facebook connects with external websites and applications.
Why did we make this change? Because Constant Contact is nearing completion of their next version of the API and version 2 will require OAuth2. This is our first extension to get this update, and we will be working on the others over the next few months to be ready for the new API version when it launches in 2013.
With adding OAuth2, this module now requires the installation of a new system plugin that includes common files used by all of our Constant Contact products, including the API wrapper library. By creating this new plugin, we are able to streamline the update process across all of our Constant Contact products in order to get updates out the door quicker.
That's not all we've added!
Here is a list of the new features included in this latest version:
- Joomla 3.0 Compatibility
- OAuth2 Authentication
- New Streamlined Companion System Plugin (Contains the Constant Contact API Library Wrapper)
- Added new theme with loads of customizations
Other new features added in previous versions that you may not be aware of:
- We added the ability to use CSS styled themes and add your own
- One of the new thems gives you a one-line simple style form, just the email address and ther button!
- Added Google Font's to the font list
- You can choose the font color of the field labels and intro text
- You can choose to show the lists to your users so they can decide what they want to receive from you
As I said, we've been busy! We hope you enjoy these new additions!